Thursday, October 1, 2009

Terminal Station

By: Lauren Young
I read some current articles posted in the Terminal Station Blog. The main tone within the article is a negative opinion about Atlanta. The first posts talks about Atlanta crime compared to crime in Boston and other big cities. It questions how affective the APD is, and shares the opinion that Atlanta is not a good place since the police service is not as effective as other places. The second post focuses on moving the Football Hall of Fame museum being moved to Atlanta. This is just another tourist sight being packed into Atlanta. It is also taking up some of the space that is supposed to belong to the Olympic Park. It is supposed to bring in residency, but instead it is just an attraction. This writer feels that Atlanta needs a more neighborhood like feel with permanent residents rather than just being a place of attractions. Lastly, the third post on the front page covered an opinion how Atlantic Station needs more families in the area. The writer feels that it is a nice area, but it needs a more multifamily feel. Overall, the tone describes how Atlanta is a place lacking in sense of community and neighborhoods. The content is all good enough to make it interesting, however the social environment and crime are not impressive.
This blog is mainly written as nonfactual opinions. The author says things such as "that is just an idea of mine, though, with no proof" and " I assume, and hope, that they use the data for more than a web page display and public information." Addressing the audience using these phrases does not make the author very credible in my opinion. Throughout the entire thing, it is just opinion after opinion, a little bit of data, and no support. I feel like if I really wanted to understand any of the topics, I would have to look it up myself. There was not really any fallacies that I could pick out from the blog since it was written in a more conversational tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Places We've Been... Where each member of Bloggers1101 has Traveled To

The markers indicate where each member has gone. Pink: Lauren Young........ Blue: Steven Waugh......... Yellow: Philip Miller........ Green: Stephen Sealy......... View Stevens Map in a larger map