Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Change? by Steven Waugh
Im glad that we are all having a good discussion on healthcare reform, and I would like to hear what Phillips opinion on the subject is since Lauren and Stephen already gave their input. I would like to change the subject to another one of Obama's "promises." Im think we can all agree that Obama promised to remove most of the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. Earlier in his term he did in fact remove a large number of troops from these areas. In a recent article on CNN, the pentagon announced that it will move forward with plans to send another 34,000 troops to Afghanistan. Huh? I personally agree with the choice to send more troops to the area in order to ensure the safety of the troops there, and maybe a surge in force will be enough to make significant progress in the area. The point I am trying to make is that Obama promised to take troops out, and he did so. But now he realized that he did that too soon, and now he is sending those troops back in. Will Obama make the same mistake with healthcare? Im worried that he will try to do too much too soon, and end up having to fix a larger mess later. I would like to hear everyones input on this situation, because maybe I am overanalyzing the situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Places We've Been... Where each member of Bloggers1101 has Traveled To
The markers indicate where each member has gone.
Pink: Lauren Young........
Blue: Steven Waugh.........
Yellow: Philip Miller........
Green: Stephen Sealy.........
View Stevens Map in a larger map
No comments:
Post a Comment