Sunday, November 22, 2009

Public Option? by Steven Waugh

Ok I was going to try to tie in my healthcare argument with Phillips car argument, but I only came up with a few ways to do so. The recent economic downfall has created a revived drive in the governments efforts to reshape the American economy. The American car crisis has been at the forefront of these efforts. Pixars new smart-cars are a new idea that the American people have to look forward to in the future.

But what about healthcare? President Obama promised that "change" would drive his campaign, and a new healthcare platform was at the center of his promises. The house just passed the H.R. 3200 health care bill. For a good summary of the bill look at this summary. It is a great look at the new bill that may be turned into a law if it is successfully passed in the senate.

At the forefront of the healthcare argument is the public option. In theory, the public option is a great way to provide healthcare to everyone equally. But in reality, the public option provides many problems. The mere confusion that will arise with employers trying to figure out whether the incentives to provide the public option will surpass the benefits given by private employers is amazing. The thousand-plus pages of the bill provide people to have many grievances.

Glen Beck is upset with suggested government run parenting programs that would essentially allow government workers to come into your home and "teach" your parents how to run your house hold effectively.

So when is enough, enough? Will the Senate pass the bill? We entrust our leaders to make appropriate decisions that will affect the country in a positive way. In no way am I opposed to the bill because I am in no way educated enough on its contents. I just posted this because I am passionate about keeping tabs on our governments actions and policies. Please let me know your opinions on the bill so I can get a better grasp on how the mainstream student population feels about Obama's administration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Places We've Been... Where each member of Bloggers1101 has Traveled To

The markers indicate where each member has gone. Pink: Lauren Young........ Blue: Steven Waugh......... Yellow: Philip Miller........ Green: Stephen Sealy......... View Stevens Map in a larger map