
Obama & the Economy Poll
By: Lauren Young
Since Steven proposed the idea in his last blog about how Americans always just blame the president for everything, and how Obama is losing approval ratings, I decided to do some research on the matter. Some polls I found from the Washington Post Online state that:
64% of Americans still have confidence in Obama
That there is an increase in the percentage of people who think we are headed in the right direction.
(Statistics based off a telephone survey of 1000 people)
I do not know how accurate this poll is since it might not have had good demographics and it was not conducted by a credible source like AP Nielson Statistics.
However, I find the general claim of this article to state that Americans are starting to think Obama is moving in the right direction. Many Americans still have faith, even if they blame him for problems.
My personal opinion on this article was that it seemed kind of biased. I know it was a survey, but it was still written to favor democrats. Overall, politics are very complicated and I believe it is just human nature to blame political leaders for problems. In my personal opinion, I think anyone in office right now would be blamed for the horrible economy.
No comments:
Post a Comment